October 3, 2014

Lastics Stretching Workout Review



Lastics is a full body stretching workout. It is not yoga but an hour of dancer's stretches. This workout was designed by former dancer Donna Flagg. Below is an exert taken from the website (lastics.com)...

Lastics is a stretching technique born directly from the world of dance that was designed to give people of all ages, body types and fitness levels a way to improve their flexibility based on techniques dancers use to stay lean and limber. The technique teaches you how to articulate your body in ways that elongate your muscles. This is what makes Lastics so different, and it is a difference you will feel immediately. 
Unlike methods that rely on external force to push a stretch, Lastics trains your body to move internally to stretch itself. This is how dancers move and it is also the key to their flexibility.They move from the inside first. And now you can too! Not only will it change the way you think about, and understand, your body, but you will also increase your flexibility and improve body awareness through a special mind/muscle connection.

Now that you know what Lastics is let me tell you about my experience with it.

At the beginning of the DVD, Donna explains the correct way to stretch. I found this very helpful and also found out that I have been doing it wrong for years. After the introduction, it moves into the first stretching workout. The workouts are in a dance studio with music playing in the background. Nothing exciting but who expects a stretching workout to be exciting. This DVD is divided into four workouts. If you do all of them together it will be a little over an hour of stretching. The DVD does not come with a menu but you can skip to the next section so I didn't find that to be a problem.

Now about the workout itself. The first time I did it I felt like I was going to die LOL! I mean, who knew that a stretching workout could be so hard! My muscles would start shaking and I would have to cut some of the stretches short because I couldn't hold it. Needless to say, this workout really is a workout. The whole time, Donna is stressing the correct form and the correct way to stretch. I was so glad she did because I would have forgotten as soon as we got into the first workout. After doing the workouts a few times, I could definitely tell a difference. I try to do at least two of the workouts 3-4 times a week. I haven't made it to the splits yet but maybe one day :)

Overall, I would recommend this workout to someone who needs to stretch or wants to learn the correct way to stretch. I also think this would be great for someone that lifts as their muscles can get tight.

If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find more information and purchase the DVD at the link below

Lastics by Donna Flagg


Click HERE to check out my Amazon Store!







2 comments:

  1. This is really a great workout review, so thank you so much for taking your time and sharing it here. I am also looking for workout videos that can be performed easily. Can you help me with that too?

    ReplyDelete