March 24, 2016

Solitude and Nature


Solitude and Nature


Today was a beautiful day in Raleigh and I decided I would go for a little hike and maybe read a new book. Around lunch time, I headed to the local nature preserve to get a little fresh air. As I pulled into the parking lot I noticed that it was virtually empty. I walked down one of the trails to the lake where I found the perfect spot to sit and read.







It was a very quiet day. Not many people in the park. The birds were chirping, the wind was blowing and it smelled of spring.















After a little while of reading, I decided to start hiking (or in my case wander) around the lake.  I started on the trail but I wondered off and into the woods. (Anyone that knows me knows that I make my own path) As I'm walking, I notice all the hustle and bustle around me. The birds were hopping in front of me as though they were leading me, the butterflies were fluttering about and the turtles were on a log in the lake catching some rays.












At that moment, all of my worries were gone. I was entranced by the beauty of my surroundings. Nature has always been an outlet for me. It doesn't matter how hectic life can get, I have always been able to relax in nature. Being alone in nature is the best way for me to recharge and release all the stresses of daily life. Solitude and nature is truly the best therapy.











Click HERE to check out my Amazon Store!