June 16, 2012

DDP Yoga ~ week 1

DDP Yoga Review


As I was scrolling down my facebook timeline one day I came across this video...



This video gave me chills! This was just AMAZING!  Not to mention a wrestling legend's name is on this workout. As most of you already know, I'm a huge wrestling fan so the fact that Diamond Dallas Page was doing it made it even more appealing. I had to find out more about this DDP Yoga.

For more information I went to the website (www.ddpyoga.com) and I was greeted by this....

DDP Yoga

"It ain't your mama's yoga"....what the hell does that mean? Yoga is yoga...right?

There I found before and after pictures that left me scratching my head. I mean these people had lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time and some were even ripped. All I could think is how yoga could get someone in this good of shape. I just knew it had to be too good to be true but after much research I decided to go ahead and order it. I decided to order the combo package that included all the beginner, intermediate, and advanced workouts.

I didn't order DDP Yoga in hopes of losing weight and I'm in good shape...I just wanted something different. I've gotten bored with the weights and cardio at the gym and was starting to slack off. I needed something different to get me motivated again.

So my package comes in...

DDP Yoga Kit

Yet again I see "It ain't your mama's yoga" and yet again I think yoga is yoga....MAN WAS I WRONG! This is not normal yoga....not by a long shot.



In the book that came with the package they recommend that you do one workout three times a week. Anyone that knows me knows that I like to workout more than that. I decided that I want to do the workout two days on and one day off. This means that I'll workout two days in a row and then take one day off.

Day 1:

Since I'm new to DDP Yoga I figured I'd better start with the "Diamond Dozen" on the first disc. In this workout DDP explains the 13 basic moves involved. The moves aren't hard....anyone could do them and they can be modified to fit your fitness level. He also explains the resistance concept in this workout. This is freakin genius! It feels like you are lifting weights but you aren't.

After completing the "Diamond Dozen" I decided to jump right in and do the "Red Hot Core" workout. Again the moves weren't hard but it worked the crap outta my abs. It also made my back feel fabulous bc of all the stretching.

Day 2:

The next day I decided I wanted to try the "Diamond Cutter" workout. This workout is a little longer, 50 mins, and works out the whole body. It also focuses on strength, flexibility and gives you a great cardio workout. I absolutely loved this workout! I was sweating like a pig after it but it was one of the best workouts I have ever done.

Day 3: Day off

Day 4:

The first workout I did today was the "Stand Up" workout that's on disc 3. This is a great workout for anyone who has problems with their knees bc you do not get on the floor at all. This workout is 30 mins and focuses on balance while giving you a full body workout. I did a lot better than I thought I would....I didn't fall or waiver at all! While my balance was GREAT my flexibility sucked monkey nuts lol. Overall this is going to be another one of my fav workouts.

The second workout I did was the "Red Hot Core" workout. This is the same workout that I did on day one.

Day 5:

Today I decided to tackle the "Double Back Diamond" workout on disc 4. This workout is a little over an hour long and is a great cardio workout. It's a little more advanced and uses all of the Diamond Dozen. I really liked this workout. I actually did a lot better than I thought I would. It will definitely get your heart rate up and challenge you. By the end of the workout my whole body felt like jello and all I wanted to do was lay on my mat.

Day 6: Day off

Day 7:

I didn't have much time so I decided to do the "Wake Up" workout. This is a short 10 min workout that will def get you going. It's just enough to get you up and going in the morning.

Later that evening I was able to work in the "Red Hot Core" workout. This is the third time I've done it and it gets easier every time. I'll be doing it at least two to three times a week bc one of my main goals is to tone up my midsection and this workout will definitely do it.

My take on DDP Yoga:


I have done many different kinds of workouts in the past and eventually gotten bored with them and quit. I don't see that happening with DDP Yoga. I absolutely love this workout. It gets your heart rate up and will have you sweating like a pig without the monotony that other workouts have. Every workout is different and will work your body in different ways....not to mention there are plenty of workouts to choose from.

To anyone considering purchasing DDP Yoga, I would recommend that you get the combo package. With this package you get all the beginner, intermediate, and advanced workouts. This will give you more choices in regards to time and fitness level. With more choices you will me more likely to stick with the program.

As far as results are concerned, I can see this program giving me great results but I already lead a healthy lifestyle. With any exercise program you have to remember that you will always get better results if you have good eating habits as well. What you put in your body is just as important as your exercise routine. Your results will be much better if you cut sugars and fats and limit your carbs.

So that's my take on the DDP Yoga program. I will be posting more updates on my progress in the future with the next update being in three weeks. If you have any questions feel free to comment or contact me on twitter @_MsAng_



DDP Yoga me 


For more information:

DDP Yoga website: www.ddpyoga.com

Team DDP Yoga website: www.teamddpyoga.com

DDP Yoga on facebook: www.facebook.com/DDPYOGA

DDP Yoga on twitter: @DDPYoga

Check out my second review here : DDP Yoga ~ Update/Review #2



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Facebook Twitter Pinterest







7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have been doing DDP Yoga for almost a month and your review is very accurate. I am not as fit as you, however I agree that I wont be getting tired of DDPYoga. I have done lots of other programs and cardio and even paid expensive personal trainers. I have never had these kinds of results. I will be owning my life from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading a lot about it I finally decided to give it a try. Will start as soon as the package arrives. Review will also be up on my website then but yours over here made my decision a lot easier. Thanks for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help! I'm in the process of working on a second review. I've been doing DDP Yoga for a little over a month so I have an even better grasp of it. I hope to have the second review up this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] this review I decided to do something a little different from my first review ( DDP Yoga ~ week 1 ). I’ve gotten a lot of views on my first review from people googling DDP Yoga. To help those [...]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am thinking of signing up to DDP Yoga. Which do you think is a better buy....level 1 or level 2? Is level 1 too easy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,

    I would suggest getting both levels. By getting both you have more workouts to choose from so you don't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since i live abroad, I am picking the audio pack 1 & 2 mp3 product. Will the audio be able to describe the exercises ?

    ReplyDelete