July 31, 2012

DDP Yoga ~ Update/Review #2

DDP Yoga Review






For this review I decided to do something a little different from my first review ( DDP Yoga ~ week 1 ). I've gotten a lot of views on my first review from people googling DDP Yoga. To help those people out I will not only give my review of the program but also some reviews from others. Hopefully this will help anyone considering purchasing the DDP Yoga program make an informed decision. If you have any questions please leave a comment on this post or contact me on twitter @_MsAng_

I have been doing DDP Yoga for almost three months and I still love it. As I stated in my first review, I'm not trying to lose weight but stay active. Another goal for me is to increase my flexibility. I do at least one of the workouts three or four days a week. I have found that my favorite workouts are Red Hot Core, Stand Up, Double Black Diamond, and Diamond Cutter.

Since being on the program I have noticed a few changes in my body...



1. Flexibility: One of the most noticeable changes is my flexibility. When I first started I could not bend over and touch my toes...now I can touch my toes and even touch the floor (if I try really hard lol). This is a big thing for me because I have NEVER been able to touch my toes...not even in my younger years.

2. Upper Body Strength: At the beginning I could not do a push up but now I can almost do all of them. I know If I stay with the program soon I'll be doing all of them with DDP.

3. Posture: Since starting the DDP Yoga program I have noticed that my posture is better. I don't slouch as much as I used to. Even when I'm at work all day at my desk I have noticed that I sit straighter without thinking about it.

4. Stamina: My overall stamina is better. DDP Yoga gets your heart rate up and gives you a full cardio workout which helps stamina.

One of the great things about DDP Yoga is that the workouts can fit anyone. All the workouts can be modified so that you are comfortable doing them. There are also some short workouts as well as some long workouts. You can choose whatever workout will fit into your schedule each day.

Overall, I love this program and given the results that I have seen in myself I would definitely say that this program works and I will continue to use it.

For more information make sure you check out the DDP Yoga sites below:


DDP Yoga website: www.ddpyoga.com
DDP Yoga on facebook: www.facebook.com/DDPYOGA
DDP Yoga on twitter: @DDPYoga


Below are reviews from three guys that have been on the DDP Yoga program longer than I have. They have a lot of insight as to how the program works long term.

The reveiw below is from Terrick Hackstall:

DDP Yoga is righting all of my bodily wrongs, and though it was not overnight, it has been very steady. I used to have a consistent stitch in my back when I walked long distances, but that has been gone for almost two months now. The lingering ache in the ankle that I broke years ago is now completely gone. I'm not even halfway to my goal weight yet, BUT despite that, I can wear clothing that I havent been able to wear since 2009! And also, and this is one of the most important things for me, my wake up call to work out and fix my body was back in January when I had to pull myself up to standing because I couldn't rise from the floor. Now, I can hop up like it's nothing. That was a huge deal for me. DDP Yoga is one of the greatest workouts I've ever done. DDPYoga for LIfe!

Below is a review from Dave Orth ( @DavidOrth )

Hi Angela....My name is Dave Orth and I'm just finished my 5th month and heading into month 6 of DDPYoga. I started the program at the beginning of February of this year and I was about 209lbs at the start. My original goal weight was 185lbs, as of today I'm 176lbs and I'm feeling great since starting the program.

I purchased the program in December of 2011, right before Christmas. I came to find out about DDPYoga after following different WWE personalities on twitter I started following DDP and then starting seeing tweets about DDPYoga.

I've done weight training sometimes heavy at times over the past 12yrs. I've suffered numerous injuries during that time, mostly to my shoulders and my lower back. In July of last year I injured my left shoulder and right leg weight training. I started physical therapy in late August and after 3 months of little improvement I stopped going and went to massage therapy mostly. I started to consider yoga but didn't know much about it. I knew there were different forms of yoga and didn't know what would work best for me.

The more tweets I saw about DDPYoga the more I looked into it. I saw the video of Arthur Boorman and that was pretty amazing. I knew who DDP was but wasn't sure if DDPYoga was the real deal. After seeing more and more tweets about how good it was there was a promotion for a discount and get a call from DDP himself so I decided to jump in.

I was emailed the next day asking for my phone number so DDP could call but I had no expectations. Literally the next day I get a call....it was a private caller which sometimes I don't answer but I decided to answer just in case it was my son. After answering the phone I here "HO HO HO...is Dave there?" I said "yeah, this is him"....then I hear "You were expecting my call right"....I said "not that I know of"...then I hear "are you sure?". It was at that point I recognized the voice as DDP himself, pretty funny!

What I didn't expect was that he would spend the better part of 45 minutes talking to me. Not about himself...but about me and how I found out about DDPYoga and why I decided to get the program. After telling him my story he said "Dave...I designed this program for guys just like you, 40yrs old and injuries". You cannot have a conversation with Diamond Dallas Page and come away not only feeling inspired but feeling better about yourself. Ask anyone else, especially members on the TeamDDPYoga.com site and they will tell you the exact same thing.

I came away from that conversation excited and with a feeling that I had made a great choice in my future in well being overall. Since it was the holidays and football season I waited about a month before I started the workouts.

I joined the TeamDDPYoga site and started to look around and find out more about the program. I was nervous as all I knew was weight training...yoga was out of my comfort zone which as it turns out is a great thing. Getting out of my familiar elements and experiencing something completely new and different. I started the workouts right about the beginning of February and let me tell you...the first time I did the Energy workout I felt like I had my butt kicked. I could not believe how great a workout I got in 20 minutes...but more than that how out of shape I was. That alone motivated me to keep going.

As I started to continue into the workouts I got a lot of support from everyone on the TeamDDPYoga website. So many great people and offering so much support it's really the best support system you could ask for. Nobody judges anyone there and everyone is always willing to help.

I was fortunate enough to meet DDP face to face at the Philadelphia ComicCon on June 1st. What an unbelievable experience that was...I can't say enough about how great a dude DDP is. He is 100% invested in his program... the TeamDDPYoga site, the DDPRadio show every Wednesday night and how he reaches out to people who are doing the workouts is amazing. I was also fortunate enough to meet Arthur in Washington DC for a meetup we had and he led a group of us in a workout at the National Mall in Washington DC, that was pretty amazing.

I could seriously keep going on and on but I'm sure my email is all over the place and sounds a little like rambling so I apologize about that. Right now I've just started my 6th month of DDPYoga and it's been great for me. I hope that gives a little insight into my experience with the DDPYoga program. Let me know if you have any other questions at all.

This last review is from Bill Hunnell (@OleManJake)

First, I am neither a fitness pro nor guru: I know what I like. I like DDPYoga. I also believe it’s necessary to let you know the background and reasons for my using DDPYoga.

Next:

I came to the program through the Arthur Boorman video and the fact that I was a fan of DDP as a professional wrestler.

Why DDPYoga?

I had weight issues due to a lack of exercise. This was due to the fact that I’d injured my knee and could not exercise in the manner that I’ve long been accustomed to: running, cycling, walking, jogging, Ellyptical machine, calisthenics, etc.. There was little I could do that would not impact my injured knee.

To make matters worse, the pain was not centralized due to my poor muscle tone and condition in my leg (as I was advised later). My Doc told me that there was nothing he could do for me and that I would have to stop running altogether and learn to manage the pain.

So, I found the program and ordered it. In the timespan between ordering it and having a follow-up appointment with the Doc I started the program (through the webpage) and saw great improvement. In fact, I was expecting to blow off the appointment but realized there was still something definitely wrong with my knee and I could pinpoint the exact location. The Doc asked a few questions, commented on my progress and asked what I’d been doing: and I told him. I pinpointed for him the location and he agreed to do surgery.

I received the package that same day. I was told it would be a little over 30 days before I’d have surgery so that was great. I worked the program for 30 days and even considered cancelling the surgery out of fear of not being able to work the program any more for about 4 – 6 weeks. But, then I realized that I really needed the surgery because there was definitely something wrong with my knee and I could feel it.

During that 30 days I lost 15lbs and about 17 inches all the way around. Then came the day of surgery. Within 8 days of the surgery I was back on the mat doing the program without pain. ß----- I was told I’d have a 4 – 6 week recovery period. I only needed less than a week after the surgery to be able to do the program. Here’s the proof:

http://www.downdogjunction.com/2012/07/video-testimony/

http://www.downdogjunction.com/2012/06/surgery-diagnosis/

The consumer experience:

Customer service: The company was not prepared for the influx of orders they received over a short period of time (May 2012). However, they did advise of this fact on the webpage. Additionally, each and every time I inquired (and I was a persistent cuss) I received immediate responses from Robert @ DDPYoga. I was provided detailed status of my order any time I asked and Robert was exceptionally courteous and understanding: B

The promises:

1. “It ain’t your mama’s yoga”: Absolutely spot on. Traditional forms of yoga are based on lengths of time in a pose, sometimes extended periods of time. It is similar in some ways to Power Yoga with a twist. Power yoga isn’t like your mama’s yoga. However the difference isDDPYoga isn’t just yoga. It’s yoga mixed with MMA style moves, calisthenics, and intense cardio. So, it definitely “ain’t your mama’s yoga”: it’s a hybrid form of yoga.

A+

2. “No impact workout”: Zero impact. My own experience proves it as while injured and almost immediately after surgery I was able to safely do each workout.

A+

3. “The DDPYoga family” support network. DDP provides a site for members to meet and chat and such in a friendly supportive forum. He is even personally involved at times despite his now very hectic schedule. DDP will often interact through Twitter. Other times he responds to posts on individual TeamDDPYoga member pages on his interactive site TeamDDPYoga.com and offers encouragement. While the argument can be made for other programs similar in nature, it ranks among the best.

A

In summary: DDPYoga delivers on each promise

The program

The videos are arranged sequentially so that no one really has a reason to jump into something they are completely unprepared for. In fact, he provides a workout plan for just that purpose.

The workout plan does not encourage anyone to go any harder than they should reasonably do; nor does it discourage that. In fact, in each video DDP tells the participant to “make it their own”. In other words if you can and you feel like doing more: do so.

Again being sequential: one can start by doing “Energy” and after a few attempts and familiarization should be comfortable with moving into “Fat Burner”. This is because the moves in “Energy” are building blocks into the next program “Fat Burner”. In “Fat Burner” the moves are more advanced. The same goes for moving from “Fat Burner” to “Diamond Cutter”, etc.

In summary: It’s a well thought out and planned program.He obviously took time and did it right so that even a beginner can roll out a mat and begin working the program.

Unlike other programs:
There is no “DDPYoga” vitamin mix, protein shake, or other self-named products for you to purchase! He offers common sense advice in relation to your weight loss and your nutrition. He doesn’t promote himself as an expert on the subject; he relates his experience and encourages discussion on the matter.

His ultimate guarantee throughout the program is that you will get out of it what you put into it. That is truth in advertisement; a rare feature nowadays.


Click HERE to check out my Amazon Store!






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make the most of mainly premium substances - you will find him or her for: Check top 5 best yoga bolsters

    ReplyDelete