July 30, 2013

Author Interview: Keith Kareem Williams

Interview with Keith Kareem Williams

Author Keith Kareem Williams



Keith Kareem Williams is an established author who has recently published his fifth book titled "War Angel". Below is a Q&A that I had with the Urban Fiction author about his newest release.







How many books have you published?
So far, I’ve published 5 books on my own and 1 anthology as a joint endeavor with a group of author friends of mine.

Tell me about your most recent book?
My most recent novel is titled, “War Angel.” I would classify it as Urban Fiction with a hint of Paranormal sprinkled in. I always try to keep the stories I write unique so at times, I mix genres which make it difficult to classify or label them at times. The goal is always to give the reader something new and to provide them with an unforgettable reading experience.


What inspired you to write this book?
I dreamed the entire story one night. I woke up in the morning with hundreds of pages of plot trapped in my mind. (That’s how it is most times for me.) Unfortunately, back when the ideas for “War Angel” first came to me, I was not in the habit of writing my ideas down. Because of that, I totally forgot the story until years later it all came back to me one afternoon while I was finishing up my 2nd book.

While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
I’ve often told my readers that I leave pieces of my soul in my books. I always try my best to become my characters. To me, that’s the only way to make them feel real and not like stiff, make-believe entities. People are often shocked when I admit that the sinister villains that I write about are also a part of me.

Where can readers purchase your books?
All of my books, as well as all of the anthologies that I’ve written for, are available on amazon under my author name, Keith Kareem Williams.

How can readers find you? 
Readers can “Like” my Facebook Author page
Twitter & Instagram: @Reemafterdark

Do you have a specific writing style?
I do believe that I have a unique writing style. I create strong, complex characters that my readers genuinely become emotionally invested in. I have the ability to make you relate to my stories, regardless of the genre because of the universal truths I weave into the plots and storylines.

How long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing my entire life. I learned to read by the time I was 3 years old and I’ve been writing stories ever since.

What's the best thing about being an author?
The best thing about being an author is the “immortality” it grants you as well as the ability to touch others with your words. Long after I’m gone from this life, people will still read my books and see the things I saw, feel the things I felt. My work will outlive me as proof that I was here.

What advise would you give an aspiring writer?
Write…write…and then write some more. A lot of people “talk” about writing but real writers write! I see creativity as a muscle that needs to be worked constantly to remain strong. Waiting for “inspiration” is an excuse used by procrastinators.

You know the author threat "I'm going to write you into my book and kill you off"...If you were to do this to someone how would you kill them off?
Many of my characters are actually based on the personalities of people that I know in real life, all jumbled and mixed together in interesting ways. I suppose that if someone wronged me in a way that I felt it necessary to kill them off in a book, I would have to make the manner of their demise fit the offense committed against me. LOL The more evil the deed in real life, the more cruel and despicable their death in the pages of the book.



We want to know a little more about you...

List five adjectives to describe yourself.
Determined, Stubborn, Creative, Attentive, Realist

Sleep in or get up early?
Sleep in. (I’ve always worked better at night. I am definitely NOT a morning person.)

Tell us something funny about yourself.
I’m a die-hard comic book fanboy and have thousands in my collection.

What is one of your pet peeves?
I HATE bullies! (I have a problem watching people get picked on.) A lot of times I’ll intervene.

What is your favorite quote?
“I’m the best there is at what I do!” – Wolverine (Told you I was a comic book fanboy)

If you had a theme song what would it be and why?

I actually DO have theme songs that play in my head daily and they change, depending on my mood. I would say that “All the Above” by Maino plays quite often in my mind, just because of everything I’ve had to overcome in life. 


Connect with Keith Kareem Williams:

Twitter: @Reemafterdark
Instagram: @Reemafterdark

Purchase his books:




Facebook Twitter Pinterest

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun answering the questions. I enjoy sharing obscure facts about myself.

      Delete
  2. Good interview. Hope Keith does well in his writing career.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.
    หนังไทยตลก

    ReplyDelete