October 12, 2013

Interview with Jennifer McDonald, Founder of Jenn's Butterfli Bowtique






Below you will find my interview with female entrepreneur Jennifer McDonald about her shop Jenn's Butterfli Bowtique. 



Tell me about your shop.

My shop features handmade hair accessories, jewelry, toys/games & gift items. There is something for everyone at Jenn's Butterfli Bowtique.



Is everything handmade?

Most everything is handmade.  However, I do have several items that I sell that I have not personally made such as my Boys Faux Silk Ties & my Mustache earrings.

Some of the products offered at Jenn's Butterfli Bowtique
Do you do special orders?

Absolutely. I love custom orders.  Nothing makes me happier than to create something for someone to help them remember something special to them, create new memories or give to someone that is was made especially for them with love.  I can pretty much make anything anyone throws at me.  If I don't currently make it, I'm definitely willing to try to make it.

What's your favorite thing that you make?

Oh gosh !!  I really love everything I make, but I'd have to say that my custom Holiday Bling Bead Bottle Cap Ornaments are my favorite.  I have a lot of images to choose from and people can customize them with personal photos on the back.  I even have some for pets. :)  I have several customers that come back every year to buy them.

When did you open your shop?

November 2010

What motivated you to start your shop?

I entered a bow contest to win a set of pigtail bows for my youngest daughter for Thanksgiving on Facebook and as I was motivating my family members and friends to help me win, I started looking at other bow shops, seeing how pretty the bows were on Facebook and how much they cost.  I knew I could totally make them myself and for a lot less.  I've always been a pretty crafty person.  Then, I thought, why not sell them & other "crafty" stuff on Facebook myself for some extra money.  My hubby was in the Army and I wasn't working and we could use some extra income.  Thus, my shop was born.

Tell me about the name, Jenn's Butterfli Bowtique. How did you come up with it?

Well, I thought about a shop name for a really long time.  I wanted something that was catchy, but that had to do with something I liked.  Everything I came up with at first was taken, so finally I came up with Jenn's Butterfli Bowtique (Jenn - my name, Butterfli - I LOVE butterflies & it was a spelling that I didn't think I'd have to worry about anyone else having & Bowtique because at the time, I was strictly going to be selling bows.

How can people purchase your products?

My website is under construction & hopefully will be up and running soon, but in the mean time, you can shop at www.facebook.com/jennsbutterflibowtique by sending me a message on my fan page or emailing me at jenns_butterfli_bowtique@yahoo.com.




1 comment: